What is the Best Electric Shaver in 2017?
The best electric shavers can be hard to find. Each year we hear about new shaver technology from the top shaver manufacturers, such as Braun, Philips, Remington, and Panasonic. Can it be possible there is anything new left to do with the electric shaver, or will it just be marketing ploys for 2017?
The main reason that one shaver does not fit all is because like men have differing body types, their facial hair can vary too. One man can have a facial shape with different contours and curves than another man. This is why it can be difficult to find the best electric shavers for you.
There are some great men’s electric shavers out there, and some not so great ones, and they’re not based on price. These shavers will not only give you a clean and smooth shave, but will do it quickly. These five shavers have proven to be the best electric shavers for the Shavers Review team, and we’re certain you’ll love them too.
1.) Braun Series 7 799cc - Best Value Shaver 2017
Braun Series 7 799cc
What we like
- Great for sensitive skin.
- 3 Shaving modes for a more personalized shave.
- Great build quality and an attractive design.
- Comfortable to use - glides over facial contours making hard to reach areas easy.
- One of the best auto cleaning and charging systems.
- Affordable - The price has dropped considerably due to its time on the market.
What we didn't like
- A little confusing as there different models the 799cc-4 and the 799cc-6wd. The 799cc-6wd is a wet shaver and the 799cc-4 is a dry shaver.
- Cleaning fluid can evaporate when not in use - reseal the cartridges with the cap to avoid this happening.
Braun Series 7 799cc Main Features
- Intelligent Sonic Technology – 10,000 micro sonic vibrations in each stroke help to capture more hair for a close and comfortable shave.
- Personalize – Extra Sensitive, normal and Intensive modes to give peak performance on different facial areas.
- Contour Adaptability – Flexible cutting elements and a pivoting shaving head combine to provide a comfortable shave gliding over your facial contours .
- Triple Action Cutting System – Twin foils and an integrated middle trimmer shave progressively closer.
- Cleaning And Charging Station – Full maintenance of your shaver at the touch of a button, making your shaver feel like new each day.
The Braun Series 7 799cc takes the top spot on our top 5 best electic shavers list, there is no shaver in this price range that can match this products value for money.
The Series 7 range has 4 different models its made up from 4 different models and we choose this particular model due to its wet & dry feature and the included clean and renew system.
The series 7 been dominant in the foil shaver market since it was released in 2010 it packs many features and due to its time on the market, has come down considerably in price.
Braun Shavers are amazingly comfortable to use and the Braun 799cc is no different, providing a close and irritation free shave.
If you’re looking to buy a shaver that performs nearly as well as the shavers nearly double its price, then this is an excellent choice.
The 7 Series has been on the market for some time now bringing its peak price down to provide a great shaver at even greater value.
The Series 7 has amazing customer reviews with over 75% rating the shaver 5/5 stars on Amazon. If you’re looking for to buy one of the best foil style shavers available on the market you wouldn’t be disappointed if you make the 799cc yours today.
For a shaver that's dominated the market for several years you can't go wrong if you choose this model. More than 75% of users rate this product 5 stars and it's easy to see why, it certainly raises the bar where shaving performance is concerned and is comfortable to use, it's a no brainer that this shaver steals the best electric shavers list top spot.
View customer reviews and the latest price and check current availability by clicking here.
Enter your text here...
2.) Braun Series 9 9095cc
One thing you will notice when you see this thing is how premium the design is. The 9095cc is beautifully crafted and feels like it’s built to last.
Like the Braun’s 7 Series, the 9 Series also has three separate creating a more personalized shaving experience you will enjoy.
There are 7 models of the Series 9 shaver but we have decided to go with the Braun Series 9 9095cc as it has all the features the other 9 Series shavers have, including the cleaning and renewing system and it can also be used both wet & dry.
This shaver is a real performer and deals with all hair types efficiently, and can deal with 3 day old stubble with minimal effort. For those with medium/thick hair type you will have a noteable improvement over the Series 7, which is a brilliant shaver.
The intelligent SyncroSonic technology of the 9095cc delivers 10,000 sonic vibrations per minute and 40,000 cross-cutting actions per minute creating a close shave with no irritation.
The Series 9 has 2 middle trimmers to lift and cut flat hair, and hair that grows in different directions for the tricky to reach places.
- Quad action cutting system – Gives a perfect shave thanks to the individually floating cutting elements which trap and cut hair more efficiently than ever.
- Contour adaptability – Pivoting head adapts around your facial contours for a comfortable and close shave.
- Wet & Dry – Can be used in the shower for a cool refreshing shave.
- Clean and Charge station – One touch of a button provides full maintenance to have your shaver feeling like new.
- Quick Charge – Five minute quick charge provides enough power for a shave.
- Precision trimmer – Precision trimmer helps to maintain your sideburns and goatee’s.
- The best Foil Shaver on the market.
- Tricky to reach areas (neck and jawline) made easier to shave.
- Wet & Dry shaving.
- Maintenance with 1 touch of a button.
- Captures and cuts long hairs easily.
- No irritation for users with sensitive skin.
- Price is still high as the shaver is still relatively new to the market.
- Not able to shave corded, only cordless.
If you’re in the market for the most premium foil shaver available on the market then this is the one for you. The 9 Series is packed full of all the features you would expect from a high end electric shaver, the aesthetics are also premium with a sleek and modern finish to a high spec.
The performance is a step up from the 7 Series, but I would like to note there is a premium to pay if you would like to have the best shaver Braun has to offer if you were looking for something a little cheaper the Series 7 are a good choice.
Click here to read customer reviews and check the latest price.
3.) Philips Norelco 9700
The number 3 spot is taken by the Philips Norelco 9700, which unlike #1 and #2 is a rotary style shaver which is noticeably quieter.
This shaver also has three speed settings: Sensitive, normal and fast which allow you to personalize the shave speed to your liking.
If you have sensitive skin but prefer to use rotary style shavers over foil, you can use this in the shower or with shaving cream/gels to help minimize skin irritation.
The cleaning and charging station is brilliant it maintains your shaver at the touch of a button to keep it looking and performing like new.
As this shaver has 3 separate heads, each able to move in 8 directions, it glides over facial contours (even the tricky neck and jawline) providing a very close shave with minimal passes of the razor.
The build quality is outstanding, you can see the quality as soon as you have it in your hands. The LCD display and chrome/black finish oozes class and wont disappoint.
All facial hair types (fine, medium, thick) are trimmed with easy. When you’re paying this much for a shaver you want to be sure it can handle anything that’s thrown at it and with the Norelco 9700 you will be more than impressed.
- Wet & Dry – Use in the shower or with foam/gels for a more pleasurable shave.
- Personalized shave – Three speed settings to adjust to your liking.
- V Track Precision Blades – Cuts hair up to 30% closer to the skin for a clean, smooth shave.
- Three Rotary Heads – The heads can move independently in 8 directions making allowing the shaver to glide over the contours of your face.
- Cleaning and charging dock – One touch maintenance of your shaver saves time and is hassle free.
- Noticeably more quiet than previous models.
- Smart Clean system, place the shaver in and it cleans, dries, lubricates and charges all with a touch of a button.
- The 3 shaver heads pivot in 8 different ways independently to hug the contours of your face providing up to 30% closer shave.
- Digital LCD which accurately shows the amount of charge remaining and also indicates low power and cleaning time.
- Premium build quality – attractive design with sleek features built to last.
- Battery life enough for 10 shaves without charge, and only needs a five minute charge for a shave.
- Deals with all facial hair types with ease.
- Priced at nearly $300 so isn’t for those on a budget.
This shaver is a brilliant choice for those who enjoy the nicer things in life. it comes with all the bells and whistles you can expect with one of the worlds best rotary shavers. The Philips Norelco 9700 performs and looks great and has over 4 stars on average on Amazon. I feel the price is the only barrier to avoid a purchase unless you’re looking for the best rotary shaver money can buy.
Check out customer reviews and the latest price by clicking here.
4.) Pansonic Arc 5 ES-LV95-S
Panasonic’s Arc 5 is a high end electronic shaver packed with all the features you would expect on a top of the range shaver.
The Arc 5’s shaving head has 5 separate foil cutters which combine together to give you a close shave with no irritation or red skin.
The five foil’s are made up of three different types all which are designed to lift and snip facial hair efficiently. The two lift-tech foil lifts up hairs which may be laying flat against the skin, the single slit blade foil trims longer hairs, and finally the two finishing foils which snip of regular hairs with ease.
The technology in the foil head is outstanding. The 5 individual foils combine together, making the ES-LV95-S feel like it’s gliding over face making this one of the most comfortable shavers you can buy on the market.
The Arc 5 ES-LV95-S is equipped with the worlds most powerful linear motor in an electric shaver to date, which deals with even the thickest of stubble with ease, leaving skin feeling fresh and smooth.
- Self cleaning and charging system makes maintenance of your shaver hassle free.
- Powerful motor deals with all facial hair types quickly and with minimal irritation
- The ES-LV95 can be used both Wet & Dry for use in the shower and with shaving foams.
- Pop up trimmer allows maintenance of your goatee and sideburns.
- Shaver adjusts itself depending on whether area is particularly crowded with hair.
- Lightweight at only seven ounces.
- $200 dollar price drop on Amazon to $299.
- Wet & Dry shaving for use is shower and with gels.
- Worlds most powerful linear motor.
- Three speed settings to personalize your shave.
- Premium build quality – will look great on display in your bathroom.
- Auto cleaning and charging stand.
- Price is still a little high even with the discount.
- One hour charge for 45 minutes shaving time.
The Panasonic ES-LV95-S ticks all the boxes where features are concerned and you won’t be disappointed. The 5 foil head on the ES-LV95 efficiently removes all facial hair with minimal effort, thanks to its powerful linear motor.
I recommend this shaver to anybody who is looking for a premium shaver as it packs all the shaving features you need in an easy to use and well built shaver. The price has been slashed from $499 to $299 making the shaver even more value for money.
Read customer reviews and check the latest price on Amazon click here
5.) Panasonic Arc 3 ES-LT71-S
Last but not least is the ES-LT71-S from Panasonic’s Arc 3 range. This shaver boasts lots of features and for those looking for a more affordable shaver this is a shaver you should consider.
The ES-LT71 is a foil shaver and was priced at $199 on Amazon but has been reduced to only $104.99 making this an extremely affordable option if some of the higher end models are out of your price range.
For those of you with fine/medium facial hair this shaver should suit your needs thanks to its 13000cpm motor which is powerful enough to deal with these facial hair types efficiently.
The ES-LT71 tugs thick hairs after a couple of days growth making an unsuitable choice if this is your facial hair type.
- 3-blade foil cutting system provides a smooth, quick shave
- Automatic sonic vibration cleaning and charging station
- Pivoting shaver head glides effortlessly over facial contours
- Linear motor maintains peak performance throughout battery life
- Waterproof, use dry or in the shower at your convenience
- Built-in pop-up trimmer, travel pouch included
- The Stainless-steel foil shaver follow facial contours for comfort
- Compatible replacement parts: Outer Foil and Inner Foil Combo, Inner Blade, Outer Foil, Hydra Clean Cartridge replacements
- Best shaver in the $100 price range.
- Pivoting head to follow your facial contours easily.
- Deals with fine and medium facial hair comfortably.
- Includes cleaning and charging station.
- Replacement parts easy to buy.
- Doesn’t deal with thick hair too well.
This shaver is the best in the $100 dollar range which makes it an excellent choice if you’re on a budget. The ES-LT71 includes features found in many high end shavers at a fraction of the cost which makes this shaver excellent value for money.
Thanks for reading our Top 5 Best Electric Shavers List
That concludes our Top 5 Best Electric Shavers list and we hope you found it helpful, feel free to browse around our website for more Shaver Reviews and Articles.